This branch of medicine focuses on the study and treatment of mental illness, emotional disturbance, and abnormal behaviour. Our service is in keeping with international standards and we use modern therapies which minimise complications.
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Gender Reassignment specialist service
- Assessment of Dementia
- Psychological reaction to physical illness
- Medically unexplained conditions
We use a variety of evidence based treatment modalities, such as :
- Medications for psychiatric disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic interpersonal therapy
- Multidisciplinary team approach (Psychotherapists, psychologists, other allied health care professionals).